… So the regular last Sunday of the month sessions at Frittenden’s Bell & Jorrocks have ended for the season.
However, our other regular events – the first Wednesday sing at the West End Tavern, Marden, continue, and the free tunes workshops at The Gun, Horsmonden will also go on for another couple of months.
To sign up for emails about these events and others we run in mid-Kent click here!
Saturday 29th March at Frittenden
Singdanceandplay by the fireside 2-5pm
An afternoon of singing in the lovely Bell & Jorrocks pub function room with:
- Peter Collins – legendary local singer with a fabulous voice, great songs, runs the Beacon Folk Club (look out for Wild Willie Barrett’s Sleeping Dogz and Roy Clinging doing dates at the Beacon in coming weeks!)
- Nigel Hobbins – charming and singer of traditional, old fashioned and newly written songs from Whitstable and runs Whitstable folk club at the town’s Labour Club (Julie and Gavin Atkin are playing there on the 28th February btw!)
- John Morgan – a highly respected singer with a smashing collection of traditional songs, with a lovely light voice and an engaging delivery
- regular visitors Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison down from Yorksire with a collection of mainly old songs powerfully delivered
- your hosts Julie and Gavin Atkin (of Marden) and friends!
Expect some great singing by the fireside, a variety of old fashioned, traditional and new songs, and a few tunes to relax by. Entrance £4 and £2 (concs).
Old Fashioned Night Out family barn dance 8-11pm
These popular events feature everyone’s favourite easy dances, a few party games, a few songs and a great candle-lit atmosphere. Music will be provided by the Horsmonden Traditional Music Workshop and friends, our good friend caller Fee Lock explaining what to do, and song spots from mighty musician and singer Matt Quinn and Annie and Steve. Tickets £7 and £4 (concs). All funds raised go to fund future events.
For information see singdanceandplay.net or call 07985 522734. Download a pdf of the poster/flier to share with friends here.
PS! The regular last Sunday of the month session on the evening of the 30th March features the excellent singer and storyteller Adrian O – it’s his first visit and he’s our first storyteller so don’t miss him! (Free event)
The Sunday night guests at the Bell & Jorrocks for the autumn sessions at Frittenden are as follows:
- 29th September – Julie Atkin, accompanied by Gavin Atkin on duet concertina and melodeon. See www.julieandhersqueeze.com
- 27th October – The Stings – the mighty trio of Alan Marshall, Gerry Smith and Steve Taylor
- 24th November – Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison
- 29th December – Peter Collins
- 26th January: Pip Ives
- 23rd February: Malcolm Woods
- 30th March: Adrian O
And of course we have the splendid Harvest Hop barn dance with caller Chris Rose lined up to take place in the Bell & Jorrocks function room on the 23rd November.
And the twice monthly free traditional music restart at Horsmonden on the 25th September, from 8pm. Check out the class tab above to find out more.
Following months TBA!