– Our grateful thanks go to Pip Ives for giving us a great Castle Inn evening on Sunday with some outstanding playing… We’re so lucky to have such talented, hard working and generous pals. Next month our visiting friend is wonderful East Kent storyteller and singer Adrian O on the 24th November
– The usual first Sunday tunes session will be from 7.30pm at the Gun and Spitroast on Sunday 3rd NovemberTunes workshops on the 5th and 19th will focus on the tunes we’ll be playing at the workshop barndance on the 23rd November with caller Fee Lock – and Julie promises to sing The Teddy Bears’ picnic. Bears will be provided for the bear-less, but bring your favourite bear if possible. Don’t miss this lovely do… email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets
– If you’d like to join us in practising some old local carols, please email me or call 07985 522734. We’ll be singing at the West End Tavern, Marden, on Sunday 22nd December from 3pm and on Sunday 29th at the Castle Inn, Brenchley from 8pm (bring instruments as usual for the Sunday session and we’ll likely get a play in too!)
– There are some other dates for carollers to talk about, including a carol service – so please let me know if you’re interested in those
Please pass this message on to anyone who might be interested in these events
- Pip is our guest this month at the Castle Inn, Brenchley session at 8pm on Sunday the 27th. Please come along for songs, tunes and a bit of a laugh.
- The next tunes workshop is scheduled for 8pm on Tuesday the 15th October. We will look at a short list of the tunes for the November barndance, including: Sussex Cotillion; Gypsy Princess; Captain Pugwash; The Kirkgate Hornpipe; Dingle Regatta; Litchfield Tattoo; Caddam Woods.
- The next tunes session at the Gun and Spitroast, Horsmonden starts at 7.30pm on Sunday the 3rd November. (Note the change of start time!)
- The November workshop barndance is at Brenchley Memorial Hall on the 23rd November (see poster below) – please put it in your diary, bring your friends and tell as many people as you can – it’s a smashing, informal evening. (Again, note the change of start time!)
For information email email@example.com or call 07985 522734.