This is a poster for outside the Memorial Hall, Brenchley!
– The end of the month mixed songs and tunes session at The Castle, Brenchley is on Sunday night from 8pm – our official guest is the excellent whistle, flute, bagpipe and saxophone player Chris Walshaw but I believe wonderful dancer Kerry Fletcher is coming too, so I think we can hope for some stepping as well as songs and music. This is a free event but really rather cool and like few other evenings anywhere – so please come if you can, whether you’re a regular or someone new… We’re very friendly! (Btw, the November end of the month sesh will feature Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison!)
– The first Sunday tunes session at at The Gun is on the 5th November from 8pm – so let’s make it go with a whoosh and a bang! Everyone is welcome, the tunes are mainly English and if you don’t want to start one yourself it’s quite normal to ask for a tune you can join in.
– The first tunes workshop this month is on Tuesday 7th November from 8pm – we’ll be running through the list of tunes on the tunes workshop page of the Singdanceandplay.net website ahead of playing them at the autumn barndance at Brenchley Memorial Hall on the 25th November.
– As many of you know the barndance on the 25th is always a very family friendly occasion, with dancing, favourite games and jolly songs, so please bring family and friends. This time we’ll have caller Rachel Roberts (up from Hastings) and our good friends Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison (down from West Yorkshire) to help us! Tickets are £8 and £5 (concs). For tickets, please call or message Julie on 07813 359642
– It will soon be time for the carols – look out for further Mailchimp mailings about an opportunity to come and learn some of our favourite old local carols (and hopefully one or two new ones!)