- Tunes workshop – just the thing for folks who want to get into playing tunes after the summer’s festivals. The first of these fortnightly workshops is on the fourth Wednesday on the 27th September from 8pm . Note that the venue will be at BRENCHLEY MEMORIAL HALL, NOT the Gun and Spitroast, which is being refurbished. The written tunes are online now!
- Castle Inn mixed songs and tunes session – Excellent young melodeon, fiddle and banjo player Will Allen is our guest on the 24th September at the end of the month at the Castle Inn, Brenchley from 8pm. This is a free session, as usual.
- First Sunday tunes session – this will be back at the Gun and Spitroast as usual on the 1st October from 8pm.
… So the regular last Sunday of the month sessions at Frittenden’s Bell & Jorrocks have ended for the season.
However, our other regular events – the first Wednesday sing at the West End Tavern, Marden, continue, and the free tunes workshops at The Gun, Horsmonden will also go on for another couple of months.
To sign up for emails about these events and others we run in mid-Kent click here!
A barndance at Frittenden
The hurly-burly of the Christmas season, wonderful though it was, seems a dim memory in mid-January… But the fun goes on with:
- two free tunes workshops each month (2nd and 4th Wednesdays)
- one free song workshop each month (1st Tuesday)
- the two monthly sessions at Frittenden (mixed songs and tunes, last Sunday of the month) and Horsmonden (tunes, 1st Sunday)
- the tunes workshop spring barndance at Frittenden with games and songs on the 19 March (details to be announced, but Rachel Roberts will be calling, and Malcolm and Ollie Woods will be there to help with the music)
See the website pages for the workshops and sessions for information!