- We’ve got just one more Horsmonden tunes workshop before we play for the dance on the 29th November – so we’re hoping to see folks on the 26th at Horsmonden from 8pm
- Please encourage folks to come to the barn dance, as it’s a lovely night out!
- Carols – some of us have been learning some largely forgotten local carols (and also a couple of old favourites). If you’re interested, please join us: there are workshop/practices on the 1st and 2nd of December
- There’s a revised tunes list on the workshops page
- Don’t forget our session with the mighty Jerry O’Reilly at the Bell & Jorrocks, Frittenden on Sunday the 30th November
On the carols, there are two practices planned, one in Marden on the 1st at Geoff Burr’s house (if you don’t know where that is, details will be in a future email, or just email me at email@example.com), and the other is the usual Horsmonden songs workshop at The Gun, Horsmonden on the 2nd December.
There are two practices only so that as many folks as possible can get to one or the other – there’s no need to attend both unless you feel like it! The carols themselves are on the song workshops page (see the tabs above), and are presented in printable pdf and abc formats (and some quick’n’dirty mp3s).
The plan is to sing three of the carols at the Bell & Jorrocks session on the 28th December (after which we’ll return the usual traditional folk songs and old fashioned stuff). We’re working on some other appearances and outings…
Finally – why not make plans to bring family and friends to the dance on the 29th November – they’re really popular family friendly occasions, with games and songs (with our great friends Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison) as well as dancing. Tickets are £6 and £4 (concs). There’s no pressure to play all the tunes if you don’t know them – but do please come and play the ones you do know.